The Washerwoman

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Listen the snow is falling...............

Listen the snow is falling, I have always been intrigued by these lyrics.





 I woke up several times in the night to see if it was snowing.








This morning I was not disappointed! It has been hard to take decent photos, but you get the general idea!

Being snowed in and having time on my hands I decided to look up the lyrics.

Listen, the snow is falling over town
Listen, the snow is falling everywhere
Between the Empire State building
and between Trafalgar Square

Listen, the snow is falling over town

Listen, the snow is falling over town
Listen, the snow is falling everywhere
Between your bed and mine
Between your head and mine

Listen the snow is falling over town

Between Tokyo and Paris
Between London and Dallas
Between your God and mine
Listen, the snow is falling everywhere

Snow, dream
Snowfall
Snow, fly
Listen
Listen

John Lennon and Yoko Ono


This morning the sun is shining and the scene is breathtaking, unfortunately still unable to get the car out of the drive & the lane is lethal with compacted ice.

5 comments:

Lyn said...

There is a muffled sort of sound to snow I think! I love it!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Sal said...

Hi there Lizzie!
Thanks for all the dates on your last post.I was hoping to get to the Exeter flea ...but that might not happen now!!
Enjoy the snow!
;-) xxx

bellaboo said...

I love it when it HAS snowed and you get that sort of quietness everywhere.
A foot here,and still falling!

Bellaboo

Rosie said...

Glad you got your wish. It looks lovely. x

The fabric of my life said...

Lovely photos Lizzie. Good job Jack set out yesterday! Hope he can get home ok today.

I did see the Jessica Lange film of Frances Farmer. I adore JL and thought she played the part very well.