The Washerwoman

Saturday 16 January 2010

She's a model (and she's looking good)



She's a model and she's looking good
I'd like to take her home that's understood
She plays hard to get, she smiles from time to time
It only takes a camera to change her mind

She's going out to night-clubs drinking just champagne
And she has been checking nearly all the men
She's playing her game and you can hear them say
She's looking good for beauty we will pay

She's posing for consumer products now and then
For every camera she gives the best she can
I saw her on the cover of a magazine
Now she's a big success I want to meet her again

KRAFTWERK



Had to share this lady who I bought today. Somehow the Kraftwerk lyrics fit, don't you think?


13 comments:

Pomona said...

She is rather beautiful - and I love her tiara. She also has a wonderfully beatific smile!

Pomona x

Sal said...

Great choice of lyrics to accompany her.How old is she?
;-)

bellaboo said...

I'd like to know her history.I always find those manequins a bit creepy,but not her.Maybe it's because she has hair!?

Bellaboo

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Liz,
A very unusual lady...I've not seen one like her before...a girl can never have too many vintage heads! ;-))
See you tomorrow,
Niki x

OhSoVintage said...

Oh yes, she is lovely. There's something about her mouth and nose which reminds me of an actress and it's annoying me that I can't think who it is. What have you called her?
Ruth x

Vintage to Victorian said...

She's lovely, Liz. I think she needs to be a keeper for a while, don't you?

Sue x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you for your comments, yes I think I have to keep & enjoy her for a while. I guess she is 1930's, the stand she is mounted on is very Art Deco in style. She has a look of Frances Farmer (which by coincidence is the book I have just read) Lizzie x

Rosie said...

She lovely and definately looking good x

hens teeth said...

What a stunning addition to your fantastic collection!

Clare said...

Lovely to see you today and thanks for linking my boutique! She is stunning, how did I miss her? If you sell her on do let me know. Found myself singing along to the lyrics to this :)

My Realitty said...

Yes wht do they say, "One day we're supposed to be Marilyn Monroe, the next day... Twiggy".
Cheers, CM, More2view

BusyLizzie said...

thanks for your comment Rosie. Hope your weekend was good.

OhSoVintage said...

I'd never heard of Frances Farmer and had to look her up on the internet! Hope to see you on Friday. No, we won't be coming via DH as it's a fair way for us to come anyway especially Jane.
Ruth x